We are always looking for top candidates for the floating teller position, please apply to our ongoing opportunities for this role.
Below is the job description for the position:
Primary Function: Performs a variety of customer service duties while receiving and paying out money and maintaining accurate records of all transactions. Process customer transactions in a personal and professional manner that ensures the highest level of quality. Promote bank services and direct customers to the appropriate departments for specialized services. Responsible for balancing each day's transactions and verifying cash totals.
Hours: 10-40 hours per weekwith 1-4 Saturdays per month and must travel between offices.
- Represents the bank to the customer in a courteous, professional manner.
- Provides personalized, responsive and accurate service when processing transactions.
- Processes customer transactions including deposits, withdrawals, check cashing and loan payments.
- Process night depository and mail transactions daily.
- Processes cash advances, telephone transfers, wire transfers, TT&L payments and stop payments.
- Processes requests for money orders and travelers checks.
- Balance cash drawer daily; balance vault as directed.
- Assist in completing daily teller duty checklist.
- Responsible for compliance and understanding of BSA, Reg CC, Reg DD requirements and is knowledgeable regarding CRA.
- Verify incoming and outgoing cash, and roll coin as directed.
- Knowledgeable in bank policy and procedures.
- Has knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Open and close accounts. Refers and cross-sells bank products and services.
- Assists customers with inquiries, problems, and complaints.
- Answer phones and assist customers - transfer calls or take messages when required.
- Sort and deliver the daily mail and work from other branches.
- Flexibility in hours and location worked.
- Change and maintain security tapes as directed.
- Prepare competitive rate survey as required.
- Clean as directed.
- Open and close bank as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned, including but not limited to the preceding responsibilities.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Previous teller experience or 6 months to a year cashiering experience preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good figure aptitude.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, i.e., 10 key, CRT, PC, typewriter.
- Ability to stand at teller window for significant periods of time (up to 8 hours a day).
Newmarket Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities